Frequently Asked Questions
What is coaching?
“ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. The process of coaching often unlocks previously untapped sources of imagination, productivity and leadership.”
Definition by the International Coaching Federation
What is the difference between coaching and therapy?
Therapy and life coaching have different focuses and approaches.
Therapy is focused on the past and present as it delves into the past and explores underlying issues. It aims to diagnose and treat specific conditions and helps us understand the reasons why we feel and act in a certain way.
In contrast, coaching is present and future-oriented. It focuses on personal and professional development, goal setting, and achieving desired outcomes, with the aim of enhancing overall quality of life.
How many sessions do I need?
The number of sessions varies based on your goals and is totally up to you. One session can reignite your momentum, while deeper exploration may require 3-6 sessions. You can stop coaching at any time.
When to see a life coach?
You should consider seeing a life coach when you:
- are feeling stuck and need help to start moving forward
- feel confused about the next chapter in your life, such as struggling with career decisions or life choices
- know exactly what you want but need assistance to achieve it.
- are currently facing challenges but are ready to take action
- are happy and successful, yet feel that an important piece is missing, and you want to find it
- want to break unhealthy habits and replace them with better choices
- want to nurture your well-being and improve quality of life
Is coaching for me?
I offer a 30-minute FREE introductory coaching session.
During this session:
- You will discover more about how coaching works.
- We will discuss your goals and how coaching can assist you in achieving them.
- By the end of this session, you can determine whether coaching is the right choice for you at this moment and if I am the right coach for your needs.
How does a life coaching process look like?
If the coaching process comprises of 6 sessions, it is structured as fallows;
30min free consultation - We will speak about coaching and your expectations and I will do my best to answer all the questions you may have.
Session 1 - We will talk about where you are and where you want to be. We will define and explore your needs, desires and set up goals for the coaching process.
Session 2 - We will work on moving forward towards your tailored outcomes. We will address the blockages, explore options and end with an action plan.
Session 3 - As above, we will work on anything that you will consider important in order to get closer to your goals.
Session 4 - We will use this session to stop and check if /how this process is serving you and agree on what needs to happen next.
I really like using photographs in this session 🙂 But it's optional.
Session 5 - We will f0llow up on the outcome of the previous session. This session will also finish with an action plan consisting of the steps you will decide to take towards your goals.
Session 6 - During this last session, we will explore where you are in relation to your oryginal goals and establish a plan for the near future.
What is your coaching style?
Every coach has their unique style. Mine is non-judgmental, present and gentle. I aim to create a safe space for my clients, where they feel listened to, accepted, and supported.